Board Game Bash will be held from August 12 through August 14 at the Austin Marriott South at 4415 S. IH 35 Frontage Rd, Austin, Texas, 78744. That's just south of the intersection of 71 and 35 on the southeast side.
Registration will be located in front of the Lonestar ballroom on the ground floor, down the hallway facing the front desk.
Lodging: The Marriott has kindly offered a special rate of $119 per night to convention attendees. Staying at the convention hotel helps keep our costs down, so if you're looking for the convenience of a hotel room, book with the Marriott and save time and money.
Parking: Board Game Bash has ensured that everyone can have parking for this year's convention. The hotel offers both surface and garage parking, which is free for convention attendees.
Dining: South Austin offers some excellent dining opportunities. The Marriott will be offering cash-and-carry dining options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so you don't have to interrupt your games!
- The Marriott has The Limestone Kitchen & Lounge right inside, offering contemporary cuisine.
- Heading east on 71 will lead to a McDonald's, the Catfish Parlour, and Casa Moreno's.
- West on 71 leads to a strip center with another McDonald's inside the Wal-Mart, Subway, Cabo Bob's (for tacos and burritos), Hea Cafe for Asian, Starbuck's and Chik-fil-a. On the eastbound side of 71 east of 35 has a Bill Miller's Bar-B-Q, Tekila's Mexican Food, and Burger King.
- South on 35 at Stassney has Umi Sushi Bar & Grill, Mariana's Kitchen, Texas Land and Cattle, Chipotle, Romano's Macaroni Grill, Logan's Roadhouse, Twin Peaks, Chili's, Trudy's Tex-Mex, and Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Additional options are available further south on 35 at William Cannon, north on 35 at Oltorf, and west on 71 at Congress.
- From Dallas, Round Rock, Pflugerville, and north Austin: Take I-35 south, and exit #229 to Stassney Lane. Make a U-turn at Stassney and head north on the frontage road. Pass Teri Lane, and the hotel will be on the right in the same lot as a Courtyard Suites and Fairfield Inn.
- From San Antonio, Kyle, Buda, San Marcos, and south Austin: Take I-35 north, and exit #230 to Ben White Blvd and Woodward St. The hotel will be on the right just after the exit in the same lot as a Courtyard Suites and Fairfield Inn. (The hotel comes on you pretty quick when you make that exit, so if you want to be sure you don't miss it, you can take exit #228 to William Cannon and Stassney, then go north on the feeder through the lights at William Cannon and Stassney.)
- From Houston using 290: Take 290 West out of Houston all the way to Austin. 290 will merge with I-35 heading south. From there, follow the directions for Dallas.
- From Houston using I-10 & 71: Take I-10 west until it meets 71 west near Columbus. Take 71 west until it intersects I-35 in Austin. Take I-35 South, then follow the instructions for Dallas.
- From elsewhere in the world: Use Google Maps or your GPS. Man, I can't think of everything!
- From the depths below: Take Underworld Corridor 453Q until it intersects with Dark Passage 78T. Use Surface Chute 12 which will exit just north of Round Rock, Texas. From there, follow driving instructions from Dallas above.