Code of Conduct
Board Game Bash is a place where people should come to game and enjoy themselves. To that end, anyone that attends, volunteers, or exhibits at Board Game Bash agrees to the Code of Conduct below. This Code is meant to outline the values upon which the convention is built. Namely, one of respect, enjoyment, inclusion, and acceptance. Violating these rules can cause action up to and including ejection from the convention without a refund at the discretion of conference organizers.
HARASSMENT OF ANY SORT IS NEITHER ACCEPTED NOR TOLERATED.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to, offensive comments and actions related to gender, expression, age, sexual orientation, physical appearance, race, disability, ethnicity, and religion. It also includes displaying sexual images, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography, disruption of events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Anyone asked to cease harassing behavior is expected to do so immediately. Warnings for harassing activities are not guaranteed, and anyone conducting in harassing activity may be ejected from the convention without a refund at the discretion of the convention organizers.
If you are being harassed, see someone else being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact any convention staff member to help resolve the issue and provide resolution to the harassment.
This harassment policy also extends into the games that are being played. Harassment of another player is not excused because such action is "in character" or because it is part of the confines of the game rather than directly to another person. Harassing behavior in "real life" is also forbidden between player characters in game.
Further, attendees, volunteers, and exhibitors are expected to adhere to the following:
- Convention name badges must be worn at all times. Failure to wear your name badge can cause you to be removed from the convention. Keeping your badge is your responsibility, and replacement badges can only be issued at full cost for admission.
- No outside alcohol is permitted at the convention. Per the rules of the State of Texas, any alcohol consumed must be purchased from the venue. The hotel operates a lobby bar, and any drinks purchased there may be brought into the convention. However, any attendee that is disruptively intoxicated by either alcohol or illegal drugs may be ejected from the convention without a refund at the discretion of convention organizers.
- Be respectful of the venue. The hotel has been very good to work with, and we want them to welcome us back in future years. Be gracious to the staff working, do not destroy or damage hotel equipment, and be mindful of noise levels when in public areas of the venue.
- You are responsible for your belongings. Neither Board Game Bash, its organizers, its staff, nor the hotel are responsible for your belongings or any lost or stolen property. A lost and found is available at the registration desk, and the hotel also maintains a lost and found area at the front desk. If you find any lost property, please turn it in to the convention registration desk.
- Minors must be supervised. Any attendee under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Both the child and the adult must be registered for the convention. Note that while children are permitted at the convention, they should be aware that the majority of attendees are adults, and the children should be aware of the level of play and maturity expected of them. Unruly or disruptive children, along with their guardian, may be asked to exit the convention until the child can be calmed. But we ask that guardians take action before being asked out of courtesy to the other attendees.